The Bristol MW (medium weight) was a joint venture between Bristol Commercial Vehicles Limited and Eastern Coach Works (ECW) for a medium weight coach and bus to replace the Bristol LS. The MW was produced between 1957 and 1967.
There were various types of MW developed:
|Bus||B30D, B41F, B43F and B45F|
|Dual Purpose||DP39F, DP41F and DP43F|
|Coach||C30F, C32F, C34F, C38F, C39F and C41F|
They were powered by an 5 or 6 cylinder Gardners.
There were 1965 Bristol MW's built; 760 MW5G's and 1205 MW6G's. The MWs were delivered to the following operators:
|Operator||No of Vehicles|
|Durham District Service||31|
|Hants & Dorset||60|
|Red & White||202|
|Wilts & Dorset||39|
 228 JAX was originally fitted with a Bristol BHW engine and designated MW6B. This was later changed to a Gardner 6HLW (MW6G)