|Home||History||Specification||Survivors||Fleet No||Chassis No||Operators||Contractors||Organisations||Mobile Homes||What's New|
The Bristol LS (light saloon) was a joint venture between Bristol Tramways and Carriage Company Limited/Bristol Commercial Vehicles Limted and Eastern Coach Works (ECW)/Alexander for a coach and bus. The LS was produced between 1951 and 1958.
There were various types of LS developed:
|Bus||B42D, B43D, B35F, B41F, B42F,B45F and B54F|
|Dual Purpose||DP39D, DP39F, DP41D, DP41F and DP43F|
|Coach||C32F, C34F, C35F, C37F, C38F, C39F and C41F|
They were powered by an 6 cylinder AEC, 3 cylinder Commers, 4, 5 or 6 cylinder Gardner's or 6 cylinder Bristol's.
There were 1409 Bristol LS's built; 1 AEC, 1 Commer TS3, 6 LS4G's, 778 LS5G's and 450 LS6G's,and 173 LS6B's.
The LS's were delivered to the following operators:
|Operator||No of Vehicles|
|Durham District Service||7|
|Hants & Dorset||35|
|Red & White||55|
|Wilts & Dorset||62|